Friday, April 1, 2011

Week 11 -- First Email from the Ukraine!

This just my quick five minute note to let you all know I made it safe and sound to where? oh yeah...the Ukraine. oh ya, Kiev. so cool!

The Mission President and AP's picked me up from the airport and took me on a pretty cool tour of the city. I thought they were just being really nice, but their ulterior motives were to keep me awake all day so the effects of jet lag aren't as severe. I landed around 1230 in the afternoon and its now 7 o'clock and I'm in totally zombie mode. I can"t walk straight and my eyes are just completely glazed over. I spent exactly 24 hours straight traveling on an airplane and sitting in airports. but I love it! I'm staying at the mission home tonight then tomorrow is Transfer Conference where I"ll meet my trainer and head off to wherever. We went by the mission office today which is right next to the temple for some orientation and then I got to walk around the temple...amazing that I am actually here! I found out I'll be watching General Conference next weekend (week delay for translation) and in Russian...and I found out I'll get to go through a session at the temple once a transfer....
.UM ANYONE WANT TO SECOND MY NOTION THAT THAT IS AMAZING?!

I love you all...

probably email again on Monday which is p-day I think
Love, sister little

No comments:

Post a Comment