Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week 17

Today is ANOTHER holiday here...I feel the past few weeks here have been jammed packed with holidays and days off from work, which is great for everyone here but has hurt our work a little bit with trying to set up meetings with investigators and members. but that's okay...I'm sure that will be our fate the next couple months with summer coming up. but today is a great day for all those who were once part of the soviet union.
It was so amazing to talk to you all yesterday!!! I feel just like I was sitting on the bed with you giving you my 'kylie' insights on life and missionary work here. you all look and sound great too....I can't believe all the exciting changes coming up in the family !Ben in New York, Madison in Az, Morgan rocking High School , but I wish you all great happiness with all these fun things happening...my best advice which is still advice I need to tell myself is that CHANGE IS HARD, but stick to it, give it a month or two and you will find you like it. once you master the feelings of being uncomfortable and new and kinda get the hang of it, you'll thrive!
I have been looking forward to going through the Kiev Temple the whole time I have been here and we finally got to go on Thursday!!! it was so amazing to be inside the building. it is sooo beautiful and I love that they stuck with some Ukrainian decorations on the inside...it was so rejuvenating for the work I am doing on the outside and help people get there...its is the very first baby step to meet with missionaries, feel the holy ghost, get baptized, and then one day go through the temple. but I am part of those first few steps. in both wards yesterday the Relief Society lesson was on missionary work and many, almost all the sisters stood up and told how they were introduced to the church...missionaries. missionaries on the street, missionaries introduced through their friends, and now they are the rock of the church here in Ukraine. its is just sooo cool that almost everyone here is a convert to the church (yes we all are, but I mean with interaction with missionaries.) its just so cool that there are so many. its kinda like how there are very few WWII veterans/survivors left now just because more time is passing as compared to like the 50s, 60s, 70s, but here that time has not passed and we are still graced with the presence of so many brave souls and pioneers. they are awesome :)
we just have a short time to write today, but I love you all and am so glad I got to see you! I look forward to the changes that will happen before I see you again! lots of trials and triumphs I hope!!
transfers are this week, but I don't anticipate any changes for me, even though my companion has been in this area for 6 transfers now...so maybe, we'll see, we'll find out Tues night.
I love you all!!!!!!!!
sister kylie little

No comments:

Post a Comment