Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 8

Another week...down to three weeks...and I'm so excited!! My departure date is March 29 I think and I'll get my official travel plans the end of next week (which is the best day ever, because not only is it more real than ever that we're leaving, but it means all of our visas went through) The days and weeks all mush together at this point, but I will try my hardest to pull together a cohesive email from" life on the inside":

MTC edition

This week has been quite slow, but with plenty of things to adjust to: new companion, we moved to a new building yesterday morning, and a new calling...

New Companion: Sister Frolova is AMAZING!! and she definitely has more friends than me here (okay, maybe everyone does)...but within the family of Mormons with a connection to eastern Europe...she knows a lot of people. Her best best friend served in Novosibiersk when the first counselor of our branch presidency was there with his wife serving...and I think this one is really cool, she received her patriarchal blessing Sunday morning from Patriarch Browning who lives just down the street from the MTC, and Patriarch Browning is the assigned Patriarch of eastern Europe, so travels there once or twice a year for a few days and gives Patriarchal Blessings all day to the saints there (I believe its organized this way because they are all branches and organized by districts...not enough people for their own patriarch maybe... I don't know), anyway, the last time he was there his schedule was too full for her to receive hers, so she received it here...in perfect Russian. I went with her to the house and walked back to the MTC with her and it was truly an amazing experience. our 'companionship' is quite complicated...we're supposed to be studying everyday together but her teachers are always here when mine aren't and vice versa, but we're working on it. She is just so cool to have around. I bought a special notebook to write down all the little things she teaches me. Yes I look like/act like"Elder Oklahoma" from the "best two years" "im going to write that down"...but I don't care... I'm learning beyond MTC Russian. its so cool. We both bore our testimonies on Sunday in Russian and it was awesome...im excited to be doing this the next year!

New building...actually nothing that exciting about it...just that it is a change and we say to ourselves "we only have to live with this change for three more weeks---s that not long..." then it sets in "Oh my goodness! (yes that is missionary appropriate language) we're only going to be here three more weeks!! then its like the biggest change ever!!!" really its not a big change, its still the four of us in a room. oh, except the bunk beds don't have ladders, so its quite the adventure climbing in and out of bed especially in the mornings when my muscles aren't awake (I hope you all assumed im in the top bunk-coolest spot)

and new calling...here at the mtc they have what are called the "coordinating sisters" they might have them in the field too, I don't know, but they work with the zone leaders and they are kind like....YCLs? yeah. and its been kindof the running joke in my district that Sister Little shakes her head at the way the "coordinating sisters" act and how they are the cheerleaders of the zone....well I testify to you that karma is true and we cannot escape it in our lives :) mostly because heavenly father has a sense of humor. But Sister Frolova and I were called to be the coordinating sisters. yay. She is super excited though, not just about this calling but missionary work in general, so she's my epinephrine I need to get through the next few weeks. At this point, we don't have to welcome any new missionaries in (which is when the real "ycl" action happens) but we'll be responsible for coordinating departures/room checks and welfare of the 8 sisters in our zone. I can handle that. as all the elders my district laugh. its all good though, no complaints :)

I have really gotten to know our branch presidency well this week with interviews and meetings and such and I feel so blessed to be under the wing of some amazing priesthood leaders in the church who really care about and admire my efforts even though I will only be under their wings for 10 weeks.

My family, I love you I love you I love you and I am soooo grateful to be a part of the little family.

Cectpa Kylie Little

No comments:

Post a Comment